Here you will find lots of information about events in Tavira in eastern Algarve, Portugal! See when and where the markets are in and around Tavira, what great annual events take place and when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don't miss out on something, or on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing!
NOT TO BE MISSED SEPTEMBER 2017 ALGARVE EVENTS
Aaaaah September, one of our favourite months! And just check out some the highlights from our Algarve Events calendar!
- Mariza Concert – Sagres – 2nd September '17: Famous fado singer Mariza will be taking to the stage in Sagres’ Mareta Square! The concert starts at 10.15pm and it’s FREE to get in!
- 5th Mediterranean Diet Fair – Tavira 7th to 10th September '17: For the 5th year running Tavira will host the Mediterranean Diet Fair, which is part of the Safeguarding Plan approved by UNESCO, recognising the Mediterranean Diet as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity. The four day fair is packed with fun things to do, including famrmer’s market, Mediterranean garden, health and nutrition, food workshops, exhibitions, children’s play area and activities and music, dance and workouts. It opens 11am to 12pm each day and is held in the centre of Tavira, along the banks of the Gilão River.
- 16th Lagos Flamenco Festival – Lagos Cultural Centre 14th to 16th September '17: An amazing modern Flamenco show demonstrating the three ways to see and feel Flamenco – singing, music and dancing! Tickets cost 10€ and it starts at 9.30pm.
- Portugal Masters golf tournament – Vilamoura 21st to 24th September '17: As always the best European golfers will compete and many will flock to Vilamoura to spectate! Definitely not-to-be-missed and for ticket information check out European Tour.
- Algarve Smooth Jazz Festival – Vila Vita Parc in Porches – 27th September to 1st October '17: With the greatest and best jazz soul and funk artists in the world, this Algarve event is a must! For more information visit Algarve Smooth Jazz Festival.
- Superbike World Championship –Autodrome in Portimão 15th to 17th September '17: If you’re a motorsports fan, you’ve got to get to Autodromo International do Algarve for this 3 day competition! Tickets start from 10€ and for more information visit Autodromo do Algarve.
- 2nd Octopus Week – Quarteira and Vilamoura 30th September to 8th October '17: Dozens of participating restaurants will be preparing a variety of yummy octopus dishes and there are cultural events to enjoy too! for more information check out the Quarteira and Vilamoura Association site.
For more information about what's going on in the Algarve in September check out the Visit Algarve September 2017 Events Guide, the Visit Algarve website, or pop into any tourist information office when you get here to make sure you don’t miss out on something!